CHOIS exists to inspire parents to home educate their children; promote parent-led, family-funded, relationship-based home education; and preserve the freedom to homeschool.
We fulfill this mission statement in the following ways:
- Help and encourage parents to fulfill their God-given rights and responsibilities to educate their own children;
- Provide information and advice to homeschooling parents regarding home education and family life;
- Support and protect the rights of parents to teach their children at home through contact with representatives in the Idaho Legislature and United States Congress;
- Educate the general public, educators, and elected officials through personal contacts, the media, lectures, seminars, workshops, conventions, and newsletters concerning the benefits of home education and the Constitutional right of parents to educate their own children;
- Provide information to home-educating parents, the general public, the media, and elected officials regarding the Idaho Code, pending legislation, and court cases as they relate to homeschooling;
- Direct interested parents to local homeschool support groups for support and encouragement;
- Assist homeschool support groups by providing information, leadership workshops, and training seminars.
- Provide an annual high school graduation ceremony for homeschooled students.
- Host an annual statewide convention with speakers and vendors from across the nation.
- Publish an Idaho homeschool magazine called CHOIS Connection, written by Idaho homeschoolers for Idaho homeschoolers.
- Email a CHOIS weekly e-newsletter which highlights Idaho bloggers and timely information.
- Moderate four social media groups for daily communication.